My client based in Birmingham city centre is a top-tier law firm now looking to expanding their uninsured loss recoveries department with additional claims handlers. If you have experience working within the motor, insurance or property claims, this could be an exciting opportunity for you!
My client's litigation services and dispute resolution group has a long-standing experience of working with some of the most successful and influential businesses in the UK and internationally. Their specialist teams combine expertise with a sound understanding of the commercial landscape to provide exceptional solutions for every aspect of our client's corporate requirements.
Within this claim’s handler role, your key duties will include:
- Managing your caseload of contentious claims and being responsible for your own diary management
- Considering liability by assessing evidence and establishing responsibility
- Evaluating each claim and calculating the quantum figure
- Negotiating liability or quantum with defendant solicitors or insurers
- Sending Letters Before Action (LBA’s) to third parties; these are standard letters that are held on a case management system
- Assessing and collating any relevant documentation to support the claim, pro-actively pursuing claims and making appropriate use of telephone and litigation
- Drafting own legal proceedings and dealing with all aspects of litigation/compliance with the civil procedure rules, following through to and attending small claims trials
- Instructing counsel to attend hearings where necessary
- Drafting your own correspondence and witness statements etc
- Maintaining client relationships e.g. informing them on the progress of a claim and taking new instructions over the phone, by email or by letter
- Carrying out general administration to include archiving, billing, file management (filing, etc)
- Maintaining case files and following office procedures
- Carrying out any other duties that are in keeping with the role
To be considered for this uninsured loss recovery claims handler role based in Birmingham you must have at least 12+ months experience working within motor, property or insurance claims, have excellent attention to detail and be able to work to tight deadlines.
The role can offer some level of flexibility in terms of home working which will be discussed at the interview.
Click the apply now button to find out more.
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Birmingham/Surrounding Area. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Andrew Cookson on 0121 609 1069 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Andrew Cookson at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.